Graceland Park-O’Donnell Heights EMS & Holabird Academy – Net Zero Energy, LEED Platinum Facilities
“This building really does mark a significant step in the fulfillment of our promise to students and families in Baltimore. A fulfillment of the commitment to provide our city’s children with safe, modern learning environments..,”
– Dr. Sonja Santelises, Baltimore City Public Schools CEO
- Baltimore City Public Schools (BCPS)
- New construction (Replacement Schools)
- 94,000 sf (each)
- Zero Energy prototype school design, LEED Platinum Certification
- On-Site Renewable Energy
- Insulated Concrete Form (ICF) Wall Systems
Graceland Park-O’Donnell Heights Elementary / Middle School
Within inner city Baltimore, two existing elementary/middle schools were replaced with the city’s first two zero energy school facilities, which are now open for the 2020-2021 school year.
Located within three city blocks of each other and five miles east of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, the prototype schools demonstrate Baltimore’s focus on project-based learning, sustainability, and energy-conscious design for schools in an urban environment.